- Only What We Could Carry: The Japanese American Internment Experience, by Lawson Inada. An interesting collection of insights and experiences, including Jeanne Wakatsuki and George Takei.
- Divided Destiny, A History of Japanese American's in Seattle, by David A. Takami.
- Minidoka Stories I and II
- Farewell to Manzanar, by Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston and James D. Houston. The canon of the Japanese internment experience.
- No No Boy, by John Okada. A long lost book, worth discovering.
- Good Luck Life, by Rosemary Gong.
- Reflections of Seattle's Chinese Americans: The First 100 Years, by Ron Chew & Cassie Chinn.
- Seattle's International District: The Making of a Pan-Asian American Community, by Doug Chin
West Coast Jazz:
- Jackson Street After Hours: The Roots of Jazz in Seattle, by Paul de Barros.